Sunday, October 9, 2011

A book "How to Draw the NeoPopRealism Abstract: Children's Guide", ISBN: 9780615545332 review

It is a fantastic book for developing children's creativity as well as the eye-hand-brain connection! The intro is easy for young children to read and comprehend. I liked the font used for the table of contents as well as the explanation of how and why Nadia Russ created the art style NeoPopRealim. I also liked the step by step guide for creating in the NeoPopRealism style. I would definitely buy this book as a resource book in my artroom. Most importantly, The NeoPopRealism style is for every kind of young art student. I think it can help foster confidence in the art experience for the insecure, fearful of making a mistake student as well as the special needs student! I am a part time professor at Marywood University in the art education dept. and I am going to put this book in my syllabus and will also present NeoPopRealism philosophy, how, why and when it was created and have my student teachers do a lesson on its technique. Truly an excellent, informative, creative and FUN way of creating art!

Francine Douaihy
art teacher with 33 years experience, professional photographer
now part time professor at Marywood University, PA
http://francinedouaihyphotos.com
Sept. 27, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment